Dates: September 15-17, 2016.
Location: University of Colorado Denver (1201 Larimer Street, 4th Floor)
The MC-MAP Training Workshops provided a focused training for new Math Circle leaders that started them on a year-long partnership program with monthly check-ins to help get their Math Circle off the ground. Note: For 2016 a $100 registration fee per participant was requested for workshop attendance.
Below there will be more information about:
- Workshop schedule and workshop materials
- Location information
- Packing List
Thursday, September 15, 2016. 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm. (Check-in begins at 2:00 pm, dinner will be provided)
Friday, September 16, 2016. 8:30 am – 6:00 pm. (with Julia Robinson Math Festival running 9:00 am – 1:00 pm).
Saturday, September 17, 2016. 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Workshop Ends (lunch provided)
Quite a few of you will be arriving earlier on Thursday. We encourage you to enjoy Downtown Denver as we’ve put together a packed schedule for the rest of your weekend. Hint: The famous Tattered Cover bookstore is across from Union Station, where the airport train will drop you off!
We will provide a place for you to drop-off luggage beginning at 10:00 am, if you want to then go explore downtown Denver. Please contact email@example.com if you plan to drop-off your luggage.
Meals: We will be providing dinner on Thursday night, lunch on Saturday, and many wonderful snacks for all the times in-between. Prearranged working lunch groups are planned for Friday afternoon at restaurants in Downtown Denver. Both hotels offer breakfast, but it is not free.
- Denver now has a light rail that will take you from the airport to downtown Denver, .5 a mile from where we are meeting.
Click here (pdf). hidden content
- For the rest of the conference, we’ll be using public transit, Uber, Lyft, or a Taxi service to get around Denver.
- There are two hotels for the 2016 workshop:
- Courtyard Denver-Stapleton Marriott (7415 E 41st Ave, Denver, CO 80216)
- Courtyard Denver Tech Center (6565 S Boston St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111)
You should have received confirmation from your assigned hotel. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
- There is breakfast available for purchase at the hotel and there are many wonderful local breakfast places available near the conference location.
Click here to learn more! Hidden content
- For those of you who are driving, parking information for CU Denver is found here.
- Please bring a laptop computer. Google Drive will be used to share training materials for this program. We have shared the Training Materials with the Google Drive account that you shared with us for the Google Group. Please click here and see if you have any issues accessing the files.
- Clothing: The average high in Denver for our workshop dates is 74 and the average low is 50. The dress code is casual but you’ll probably want a sweater and comfortable shoes, some walking to/from the light rail to campus and to/from the hotels to the light rail may be required.
For further questions about the 2016 MC-MAP Workshop program please contact namc.manager(at)msri.org.
MC-MAP is a program of the National Association of Math Circles and is funded by the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, National Science Foundation, Clowes Foundation, and National Security Agency MEPP.